Now that I have my server mostly setup (except for running red5 as a
service), I've been doing a bit of testing with some colleagues here.
I will preface this by saying that my previous experience with this
type of software is using Adobe Connect, so that may be tainting my
view a bit.  For reference, I am using the newest release, just
downloaded last week.

I will say that for an open source project in general, this one is
really well-done and has an amazing feature set, right up there with
commercial products.  I can tell the devs have been working hard and
seem to have a focused view of how this application should work.
Overall, I felt that performance was very good.  I felt the response
when doing some activities was a tiny bit slow (a bit of lag between
clicking on an action item and it actually getting done), but still
very good.  I am assuming this is because I have not set up a
dedicated database and am using the default local file backend, but
further testing will tell.  I am running this on the same physical
hardware (not virtualized) that I run my Adobe Connect server on (dual
quad-core Xeon X5550, 16GB RAM) and performance feels very similar.

Only a handful of things I've noticed right off the bat that I think
could use improvement.
1) When in a Conference, Video & Whiteboard, or Video Only room, the
icons for attendee status/permissions is somewhat ambiguous.  I
finally realized that a dim checkmark icon meant that a right had been
denied and a bright icon meant that it had been granted.  It might be
more clear if the disabled status icon was something different than a
green checkmark, to make it more obvious the difference in status.
2) I found the floating video stream windows to be constantly getting
in my way with a large number of attendees (we had up to five in our
testing).  They were covering up some part of the display and I kept
having to drag them around to get to other pod windows.  It would be
handy if they could be contained in a single pod so that they would at
least not be covering up other pods.  Or at least make the whiteboard
pod resizable so that video pods can be arranged where they aren't
covering it up.
3) There is a click/hotkey (F12) to globally mute all other attendees,
but not one to unmute.  Could this click/hotkey be made into a toggle
so you can switch back and forth?
4) Maybe this is a documentation issue, but there isn't enough of an
indication as to what differentiates different type of standard
rooms.  ie, what's the difference between an Audience, Conference, or
Video & Whiteboard room, and when may one be more useful over another.
5) I don't see any difference between a Video Only and Video &
Whiteboard room.  My assumption is that a Video Only room would not
have a whiteboard, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

There may be one or two others, and I may find more as I test the
application more, but I will save those for later, or post them in
another forum if it would be more appropriate.  I would be happy to
contribute as a tester, and would be very happy if my users liked this
enough to replace my Connect server.  For the types of meetings we've
been using Connect for, this is very nearly there already.

Thanks.
Seth