On Dec 13, 4:13 pm, "seba.wag...@gmail.com" <seba.wag...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> But I am pretty sure you configured mysql and missed to set utf8 encoding
> or something like that.
> This won't happen with default configuration.

Yes - that was exactly what I had not done, thanks for the pointer :)

Installs fine now, only very minor issue I spotted is that is did not
create a user for me:

ERROR 12-14 14:00:00.115 ImportInitvalues.java 107995 585
org.openmeetings.app.installation.ImportInitvalues
[http-0.0.0.0-5080-1] - [loadInitUserAndOrganisation]
java.lang.Exception: Could not add user user returns a negative error
message: -13