Mostly the problem with release builds is that there is no one who tests them on Mac. So the release builds on Mac are often broken and fixed later on . Hopefully we get a new release soon. It has been planned for quite some time. Maybe I should have tagged one of the beta versions so we could have had one binary release available on all platforms :(

1.8.1 was r11645
1.9.0 was r17628; but there was no OSX build server at this time (my Mac Mini at home died and we did not have one at PELAB yet). So there is no build at this exact version (and I think it did not compile properly anyway)...

In general, if the OSX build works for one revision, so will Windows and Linux.

--
Martin Sjölund