On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 17:27:37 +0200, Russell Sears <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I uploaded a fix to the bug tracker. It bypasses PulseAudio and uses ALSA. Any idea why that helps? In principle, ALSA and PulseAudio should have to perform the same computations to play the sound back (alsa contains a software resampler...) I haven't been able to find any obviously mistakes in the configuration files.

Also, are there any bad implications to bypassing pulseaudio? I haven't noticed any. I'd like to get ogg vorbis (and anything else that outputs 16bit/44.1kHz) fixed in the official image...

And why again do we need pulseaudio at all?

--
Alexey Feldgendler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>