I would just move it into the /opennms-tools directory which is where
similar code lives. Then, if you want to import it and fix it or see if
it compiles against the latest OpenNMS code, it's easy. But it doesn't
get built by the default OpenNMS build since that directory isn't
included as a module in the top-level POM.

That's where I put the Access Point Monitor and QoSd for similar reasons
last year.

-- Seth