In case you hadn't noticed, I've spent some time writing new,
(hopefully) smarter scripts for deploying documentation and doing smoke
tests.

The new doc scripts also generate a simple, generic bootstrap layout
that makes it reasonably easy to browse all the docs, and it also gives
them reasonable URLS:

  http://doc.opennms.org/

(Note that "doc.opennms.org" is not the final location, just a place
I've set up temporarily while I work on the scripts...)

One thing you can't see is that in the "releases" directories, the
"latest" directory will always contain the newest released version of
the documentation, eg:

    http://doc.opennms.org/opennms/releases/latest/releasenotes/

My current plan is to do the following tomorrow, unless I don't hear any
objections:

1. Turn off "OpenNMS" in Bamboo and rename it to "OpenNMS (Old)"
2. Turn on "OpenNMS (New)" in Bamboo and rename it to "OpenNMS"
3. rsync everything on doc.opennms.org into docs.opennms.org
    NOTE: I will leave everything that was already on
    docs.opennms.org where it already was so I don't break any
    old Google links.
4. Change the "New and Noteworthy" page to redirect to
    https://docs.opennms.org/opennms/releases/latest/releasenotes/

Sound reasonable?

--
Benjamin Reed