Hello again,
  Do I need the  977 patch to try the 1196 patch?
Thanks,
Mindy

From: Salvador Arroyo [mailto:salva...@telecable.es]
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 8:24 AM
To: Mindy Beseler; openocd-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [OpenOCD-devel] Does MIPS FASTDATA in 0.6.1 work?

On 03/20/2013 05:37 AM, Mindy Beseler wrote:
Hi Salvador,

  That's exactly what I was thinking might be the problem.  Next I was going to
use  jtag_add_clocks(int num_cycles) to keep adding clocks until my setup
worked.

I've never used git before.  I followed the steps in the manual about doing a
git clone on the source but when I looked at the history of several files none
of them showed anything very recent.  Even when I saw a posting to the list
that day of a fix in that file.  Am I pointing to the wrong repository or how
would I see these changes like showed in this log item?  Did you fixed this
after 0.6.1?

Thanks,
Mindy
To clone current devel code use the new git repo:
git clone git://git.code.sf.net/p/openocd/code openocd-code

Take a look at  https://sourceforge.net/p/openocd/code/

If you want to apply the patch:
cd openocd-code

git fetch http://openocd.zylin.com/openocd refs/changes/77/977/1 && git
checkout FETCH_HEAD

(copy and paste from http://openocd.zylin.com/#/c/977/  page)

But perhaps you can try the new experimental code at:
http://openocd.zylin.com/#/c/1196/

git fetch http://openocd.zylin.com/openocd refs/changes/96/1196/4 && git
checkout FETCH_HEAD

Your "num_cyles" is called  "scan_delay" in this code  and can be changed on
the fly with
mips_m4k cp0 200 num_cycles-value. The initial value is 20.

If you try this code let me know if it works for you.

Please reply to the list.

Thanks
Salvador