On 19 September 2013 09:14, Olivier Tomaz <akato...@free.fr> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've been working on stm32l1 for a while now, and I'm just struggled by a
> problem. It is first needed to say that the flash erased value on this arch
> is 0x00 not 0xFF.

I did not realise this, but just checked and the erased value for the
stm32l is 0x00, 0xFF for the other stm32 family.
Don't you just love ST :)

> 1/ start oocd
> 2/ start gdb
> 3/ perform monitor flash erase of the full flash
> 4/ x /256xb 0x8024B00 => full of 00's, this is good.
> 5/ load
> 6/ x /256xb 0x8024B00 => full of FF's, this is no good because this page is
> not in a loaded section. After reviewing the log it happens that the page is
> involved in padding of a previous loaded section.
>
> So I've tracked down the bug to the core.c file where the flash_write_unlock
> method is defaultly padding all section with FF instead of respecting the
> component erased value.
>
> I've patched locally over the 0.7.0 version. Anyone interested ? I'm
> unfamiliar with git and definitely don't want to dig in some of my fellow
> coworkers use it, I'm just stuck to SVN ...

Long term padding the image sections does need sorting out. However
cannot see that being for a while so guess we need to add an option to
set the default erased value.

Cheers
Spen