Hi,

It is my great pleasure to announce the release of libusb 1.0.18 (as
well as the simultaneous final release of libusbx 1.0.18), which marks
the long awaited merging back of libusbx with libusb!

With this release, we are finally consolidating the two projects back
into one, and bringing the many bug fixes and new features of libusbx,
into libusb, for the benefit of all.

For all programming purposes, you should consider that these
simultaneous 1.0.18 releases are essentially the same. The only
difference between them is that a bunch of strings, which bear no impact
on either the compilation or the API (95% of them being in comments) say
"libusbx" on one side and "libusb" on the other. Outside of that the
code is identical and the name of the header, library and API function
calls, which were already the same to begin with, are still identical in
both libraries, with the libraries themselves still being interchangeable.

We therefore strongly encourage you to move to using libusb 1.0.18 in
your project(s) as soon as possible, especially as all future libusb
related development will occur from the single libusb project.

You can find the libusb 1.0.18 release tarball at:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/libusb/files/libusb-1.0/libusb-1.0.18/

With regards to the changes pertaining to this release, because the list
would be too long to copy/paste, as there hasn't been any official
libusb release since version 1.0.9, you can obtain the full ChangeLog by
going to: http://log.libusb.info

With this release however, we had to make some adjustments to our URLs
(mostly because the person in charge of the original domain wasn't
interested in helping the project move forward), so please take note of
the following:

* IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING LIBUSB USER:
   - The SourceForge project remains at
       https://sourceforge.net/projects/libusb/
   - The mailing list remains at
       libusbx-de...@lists.sourceforge.net
   - The API documentation remains at:
       http://libusb.sourceforge.net/api-1.0/
   - The git repository changes from
       git://git.libusb.org/libusb.git to
       git://github.com/libusb/libusb.git
   - The Homepage changes from
       http://libusb.org to
       http://libusb.info
   - The Wiki and issue tracker are change to github at
       https://github.com/libusb/libusb

* IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING LIBUSBX USER:
   - The SourceForge project changes from
       https://sourceforge.net/projects/libusbx/ to
       https://sourceforge.net/projects/libusb/
   - The mailing list changes from
       libusbx-de...@lists.sourceforge.net to
       libusb-de...@lists.sourceforge.net
   - The API documentation changes from at:
       http://libusbx.sourceforge.net/api-1.0/ to
       http://libusb.sourceforge.net/api-1.0/
   - The git repository changes from
       git://github.com/libusbx/libusbx.git to
       git://github.com/libusb/libusb.git
   - The Homepage changes from
       http://libusbx.org to
       http://libusb.info
   - The github project (Wiki, issue tracker, etc.) changes from
       https://github.com/libusbx/libusbx to
       https://github.com/libusb/libusb

Please make sure you update your tracking of the project as required.

Obviously, we would have preferred avoiding the domain change (but we
would still have moved the git repository, issue tracker and Wiki to
github, as it's more convenient) and while we understand that moving
from .org to .info may create some temporary confusion, we hope that, as
everyone starts to reference http://libusb.info as the new home of the
libusb project, this confusion will be as short lived as possible.

You are invited to visit http://libusb.info, which contains all the
links that are mentioned above, as well as additional information.

Thank you,

/Pete