On Thu, Feb 06, 2014 at 01:36:33PM +0100, Peter Stuge wrote:
> Paul Fertser wrote:
> > > Maybe clean out the ft2232 ones?
> >
> > I hope the runtime warning as proposed by Andreas will be enough;
>
> I think it's a bad thing to teach any users to use ftdi/ if that
> directory is intended to ever go away.

I'm not anyone to decide, but my personal preference would be for it
to stay forever. I'd prefer to avoid changing any project openocd.cfg
configs again, and also I think it's easier to have them grouped
together for OpenOCD-related development.

> > those users that are already using ft2232 are not having real issues
> > (since they're using it) so why break it for them?
>
> Because nobody wants to (and rightfully so!) spend more time on the
> ft2232 code, and it is old cruft.

User complaints do not make anybody spend more time on the code, but I
agree writing another email to explain them ft2232 deprecation takes
time. Hopefully, that won't be needed often after the runtime warning
is merged. I also hope windows users will read README.Windows before
asking.

mailto:fercer...@gmail.com