On Fri, Nov 18, 2022 at 10:46:18AM +0100, Antonio Borneo wrote:
> On Wed, May 18, 2022 at 2:29 PM Antonio Borneo <borneo.anto...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Wed, May 18, 2022 at 12:23 PM Jonathan McDowell <nood...@earth.li> wrote:
> > > Debian is looking at starting to freeze for the next stable release in
> > > January 2023, so a release by the end of 2022 would work perfectly from
> > > my point of view. I'll make sure the rcs get uploaded to unstable for
> > > some testing prior to that.
> >
> > Hi Jonathan,
> >
> > it looks like a good plan.
> > One more reason to keep the proposed schedule.
> >
> > Please, keep us up-to-date about the Debian freeze.
> >
> the end of year is approaching and OpenOCD v0.12.0 too!
> Can you share any schedule update about the next Debian code freeze?

We're expecting a transition and toolchain freeze on January 12th - this
won't affect openocd as it's a leaf package, but it's the beginning of
the freeze process. Ideally we'd have 0.12.0 out by then but
realistically there might be a window of another month afterwards before
a full freeze on new version uploads.

I've been tracking the -rc releases - both rc1 + rc2 were uploaded - so
I'm not expecting an upload of 0.12.0 final to bring any surprises.

J.

--
] https://www.earth.li/~noodles/ []  <fledermaus> you should see the   [
]  PGP/GPG Key @ the.earth.li    [] damage a bear on fire can do to a  [