Hello

I am trying to get openocd working on the beagleboard (http://beagleboard.org/ )
This board uses the omap3530 SoC that itself contains a cortex-A8.

When the board is booted only the embeddedice TAP is available and I
need to perform some
operation on it to enable other TAPs.

The global setup looks like this I have one jtag_device 6  0x1 0x0 0x0
and starting openocd gives me this info:
Info:   JTAG device found: 0x0b7ae02f (Manufacturer: 0x017, Part:
0xb7ae, Version: 0x0)

>From that point on I need to perform a some ir and dr scan opeations
in order to add the core to the scan chain.

irscan 0 7
drscan 0 8 0X89
irscan 0 2
drscan 0 32 0xA3002108
irscan 0 0x3F
sleep 10

At that point a TAP is added to the scan chain so I try to issue a
jtag_device 4  0x1 0x0 0xe . this command returns a  "Illegal mode for command".

is adding jtag devices to the chain supported, or can I enable / disable them?
What I would like most is to "simply" add booth jtag_device in the
configuration and perform my operations
somewhere during startup. is that possible?
Is there an irc channel where developers hang?

greetings