On Tuesday 07 October 2008 14:57:37 John McCarthy wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-10-06 at 18:58 -0400, Duane Ellis wrote:
> > John McCarthy wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > has anyone got OpenOCD working with a Faraday FA526 processor (actually
> > > a Raritan Kira100 which uses a FA526 processor)?  It appears to be an
> > > ARM926 variant but apparently not exactly.  Does this require target
> > > specific support or am I just missing some configuration?
> >
> > I doubt it is an ARM926 - I think it is an ARM920.
> >
> > ARM926 = uses ARMv6 instruction set.
> >
> > This page:
> >

> > http://www.faraday-tech.com/html/products/IP/processor/fa5_series.html
> >
> > Says it is an "ARMV4T" instruction set which would imply - ARM920 ...
>
> Unfortunately, the arm20t behaves even worse that the arm926 target:
>
> [... snip ...]
>
> I'm sure I read somewhere (I think it was for the WinBond BMC which also
> uses a Faraday FA526) that it is an ARM926ejs but I'd need to recheck my
> facts to be sure.  In either case, OpenOCD is currently not happy using
> either arm920t or arm926ejs with the Kira100.  I'll see if the WinBond
> behaves any better (though I'm not too hopeful).
>

> Cheers,
> John McCarthy.

I believe Faraday is one of the few architecture licensees, like Intel or
Marvell, i.e. they're producing processors based on cores they developed
themselves, rather than integrating one of the existing cores in a SOC.

Did you try plain arm7tdmi? The arm920t and arm926ejs targets try to talk to
the system coprocessor, which is a lot more implementation specific.

Someone from Faraday contacted me earlier this year, but apparently he never
sent his patches to the list. I'll see if I can contact him, maybe he's
willing to send the patches to one of you for integration in the current
OpenOCD code (his work was based on some 100+ revision...).

Regards,

Dominic