duane> [thinking about a DAP command]

rick> Yes, a dap command would be useful.  You will find that there
isn't a whole lot in the dap layer before you are dealing with the AHB
and APB bus ports.

Yea, that's the sticky or confusing part for me. How do I address port
X, vrs Port Y, per the diagram in IHI0031A - figure 2-2, there can be
multiple "downstream" bus ports, and per the diagram there can be some
number (N) ports, how do we discover the value of N?

I understand the AHB port is really a specific implementation of the a
MEM-AP port, likewise the APB port, see IHI0031A, section 10.2, and
table 10-2, table 10-3

-Duane