Zach,
There are a few things missing on your list which I think are important:

- Coldfire support (which is basically an enhanced 68000 core) would be
nice. There is no open source solution out there to program Coldfire
controllers which is a shame because the Coldfire controllers are
actually quite nice and reasonably priced. Freescale thinks their
customers should use Codewarrior or take their business somewhere else.
- Completing ARM Cortex A8 support.

I see CFI is on your list as well. I have a slightly improved version of
cfi.c which some speed enhancements. Shall I mail it to you to have a
look at it? I agree the cfi code is not very clean; a lot of code which
basically does the same is duplicated.  Also the bus width / chip width
handling is not fully implemented yet. IMHO vendor specific code could
be just a bunch of functions called through function pointers from
cfi.c.

I just hope people are not put off by the high frequency of changes
which causes their patches to fail. I think its best to concentrate on
one area at a time and finish it first before moving to another area.
This reduces the chance two (or more) people are working on the same
code.

Nico Coesel