On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 11:45 AM, Magnus Lundin <lun...@mlu.mine.nu> wrote:
> Řyvind Harboe wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone have any objections to adding a command
>> to disable jtag_check_value_mask()?
>>
>> This is along the lines of the existing verify_ircapture and
>> could speed things up.
>>
>> Checking would be on by default just like verify_ircapture.
>>
>> Such a command would serve two purposes(just like
>> verify_ircapture):
>>
>> - measure performance impact of these checks
>> - during development when things are stable, it
>> could speed things up
>>

> Is this not exactly the same as the verify_ircapture flag for dr scans, so
> it would be verify_drcapture. ?
>
> Good for me.

If I put the check inside jtag_check_value_mask() today, then
the new option would disable verify_ircapture too.

Any objections to making having only one "jtag_verify" and do
away with verify_ircapture?

What makes verify_ircapture special? Why would we want to
be able to disable that verification specifically? Are there other
verification sites that we would want to disable specifically?

I'm kinda leaning towards a single jtag_verify unless someone
feels strongly about verify_ircapture specifically...

--
Øyvind Harboe
Embedded software and hardware consulting services