On Wed, 2009-05-13 at 08:53 +0100, John Devereux wrote:
> Zach Welch <z...@superlucidity.net> writes:
> > On Tue, 2009-05-12 at 23:24 +0200, Freddie Chopin wrote:
[snip]
> > [...]
> >> comfortable situation, because I know how to compile the package, but -
> >> believe me - there are hundreds of "domestic ARM developers" who know
> >> nothing about MinGW, MSYS, autotools and stuff - configuring Eclipse to
> >> handle ARM gcc is pretty much a great achievement for them (I know, 'coz
> >> I've been there just a while ago). Actually there is NO good description
> >> of how to compile OpenOCD for Windows, so it's quite exclusive knowledge.
> >
> > If I have time, I will rectify this by providing some automated scripts
> > to provide a mingw32 build.  Mostly, I am tired of breaking that build.
>
> Is it feasible to build the windows version on linux? I do this for
> simple utilities (flash updaters) using a linux version of mingw. There
> is also e.g. the nsis (Nullsoft) installer build system that could
> perhaps build the complete package.
[snip]

I only run Linux, so yes -- it is feasible.  I do not know about the
present situation, but the fact that others are building for MinGW32
speaks of the possibility that one just needs to produce a proper
toolchain and compile the dependent libraries.  A script should be able
to do it all.

Cheers,

Zach