Its always good to have a list with open issues. Look at other projects: most
have a million bugs open! Seriously, a bug tracker can also be used to post
preliminary patches. A while ago I found a bug in uClibc and attached my patch
to the ticket. Some maintainer may pick it up and apply the patch, otherwise
people may use the patch at their own risk / if they need it.

Nico