On Tuesday 19 May 2009, Rick Altherr wrote:
> We, as a community, seem to have adopted C99.  As such, using C99
> style declarations inside a block is fine.  In some cases it can
> really simplify the flow of the code.

In that case let's make the declarations stand out properly

        code doing work
        morecode morework
        decl
        codecode code

is hiding things relative to the usual "split decls from code
with blank lines" policy.  Make such decls stand out properly:
no less than they do at the beginning of a block.

And by the way, there's no way it can simplify code flow, since
declarations don't *change* code flow at all.