Zach Welch wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-05-22 at 10:57 +0200, Øyvind Harboe wrote:
>> Trying again...
>>
>> My editor is screwing things up with whitespace, hence all those irrelevant
>> changes...
>
> The second attempt was no better.  Here it is done right.

First, thanks for helping with this patch!

Second, I'm slightly confused about the direction this discussion
takes, so I'd like to summarize. Just to get it right, and maybe to be
corrected (clarified?) ;)

The issue we talk about is that somewhere between r1865 and r1870 a
check was added to detect dealing with non-enabled TAP's (here
omap3.cpu). Ok, this is fine. This shows that OMAP3 init scripts are
broken (they worked fine until ~r1865). So we have to fix OMAP3 init
code. Right?

Trying to do so I discovered a deadlock

https://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/openocd-development/2009-May/007039.html

For this, we got the answer "[OMAP3 init scripts have to be]
implemented correctly" and "We may need to iron out a few issues in
OpenOCD...". Asking then how to do OMAP3 init scripts correctly

https://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/openocd-development/2009-May/007044.html

the answer was

https://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/openocd-development/2009-May/007048.html

"omap3_dbginit should be made part of the reset sequence" and the
patch we now talk about here.

As the OMAP3 init scripts seem to be wrong all the time we have them
now, my expectation was to get some help with fixing OMAP3 scripts. So
my expectation was something like a fix for OMAP3 scripts or at least
some pseudo code what to do with OMAP3 scripts. Sorry, but it seems
that I'm no OpenOCD scripting expert to be able do everything
meaningful with just "omap3_dbginit should be made part of the reset
sequence". That OMAP3 scripts are broken all the time might already
give a hint for this ;) But instead of some more help with fixing
broken OMAP3 scripts, we got patch in attachment.

Sorry if it's wrong, but it seems to me that this patch only gives
better error message for the already known issue "OMAP3 deals with
non-enabled TAP"? But it doesn't help to fix the real issue (OMAP3
scripts broken)?

Sorry if I misunderstood anything. This mail is for clarifying it then :)

Best regards

Dirk