On Monday 25 May 2009, Michael Bruck wrote:
> My suggestion would be to expose the resets as a generic GPIO layer
> that is available to scripts.

That might be generally useful.  Example, Texas Instruments
routinely bundles EMU0 and EMU1 signals with their JTAG
adapters.

Near as I can tell, they serve both as inputs and as outputs
to various systems.  I've seen docs that reference their use
as system outputs ... as event triggers like "trace buffer
is full now" as well as for other interactions.  Others seem
to reference them as system inputs.  I think the use of those
signals is a bit on the chip-specific side of things.

That said, I still think that having a way for boards or
JTAG adapters to say "I don't pass <Signal-X>", like TRST
or SRST, could be good.  The "reset_config trst_only" type
of behavior could be inferred ... instead of needing to get
overridden in "openocd.cfg" based on adapter+board combo.

- Dave