On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 4:00 PM, Michael Fischer<fische...@t-online.de> wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> No response, no windows user here which need FTD2XX support?

I am Windows user, and I do need FTD2xx support, unless GPL-compatible
alternatives allows dual inteface (I use Olimex ARM-USB-OCD and I
appreciate it having serial port besides JTAG). I use a notebook that
lacks serial ports and is short of USBs. I, although having experience
with linux and it's tools, also prefer plug'n'play software behaviour
due to very limited time constraints - I prefer spending time to
develop software for my targets than spending hours trying to figure
how to install tools. While I endorse pure GPL compatibility, I prefer
quick and hassle-free installation and usage of OpenOCD, be it fully-
or conditionally- GPL compatible. I did setup OpenOCD building
environment (Cygwin) - this is trivial, but still it takes precious
time. Even more would take to install libusb-win32 & co.

I can also second Xiaofan, who offers distribution of .zip file with
Cygwin building environment set up, probably with shell script that
does `./bootstrap`, `./configure --with-ftd2xx-blahblah` and `make`
there, so that Windows users with (almost) no linux experience could
build openocd themselves in minutes.

Kind regards,

Audrius

P.S. Michael - sorry for private posting: forum rules require
group-reply, I just can't get used to this :-/