>> Channel A is configured as 245 FIFO mode for Jtag. Channel B is
 >> configured as RS232 UART for the serial port. Therefore we
 >>  should only use libusb-win32 for Channel A and use the
 >>  FTDI driver for Channel B.

Hm interesting...

Because OpenOCD is *NOT* talking to this channel - and not using it...
then Yes, I think this is a good work around.

Earlier I suggested a "single inf file that contained everything".

Perhaps that is a bad idea. Reason:

I have an Olimex Jtag Tiny - (ft2232 based) - it only does JTAG, it does
not have the serial port available. I am sure there are other dongles
just like that.

Maybe - that "4 column text file" could be expanded - to include what
should "channel A do" and what should "channel B do".

-Duane.