On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 4:45 AM, Michael
Schwingen<rincew...@discworld.dascon.de> wrote:
> Xiaofan Chen wrote:
>> I think this universal inf file along with the binary libusb0.sys
>> (from libusb-win32 svn)
>> should be bundled in the V0.2 release of OpenOCD to facilitate the
>> Windows packagers
>> who want to distribute an GPL compliant OpenOCD binary using
>> libusb-win32+libftdi.
>>
> I think we should not distribute binaries - especially binaries where we
> do not provide the sources for.
>
> Documentation for packagers (which may include documentation on how to
> build those binaries) should be fine.

Okay, agreed to your comments.

Anyway, I would think V0.2 is not ready without the proper libusb-win32+libftdi
related stuff (INF file, documentation to build the latest SVN version of
libusb-win32, etc) given that some of your guys are pushing so hard for
a GPL compliant solution for Windows users.

--
Xiaofan http://mcuee.blogspot.com