Here, I agree with Duane,

The end user want to debug/flash a device -> not a concept of multiple
devices.

You may auto-generate the files one time at the MAKE of openocd.
Or you may have a separated script, generating this file one time and
put these file to the trunk.

Regards,
Laurent

http://www.amontec.com
JTAGkey-2 : high-speed USB JTAG adapter / 30Mhz TCK / RTCK / support
1.3V to 5V @ 32ma output drive per IOs / on-board 4 leds for an easy use.