On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 5:14 PM, David Brownell <davi...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> On Monday 28 September 2009, Brian Hutchinson wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Amontec's site says the JTAGkey can do this but to contact them for
> > details.  Anyone using this device for I2C/SPI monitoring and have "the
> > details" on how to do this in Linux?
>
> The "details" would be in the FT2232 appnote saying how to
> use all the various MPSSE modes ... use jumpers to hook up
> GND and your board's VCC to set the level right, then either
> SCL/SDA (for I2C) or the relevant pins for SPI (presumably
> the obvious association to the JTAG pins, TMS==CS0), and
> program as you will.  Nothing should be very specific to
> the Amontec.
>
> I'd hope the FT2232 handles I2C details like using open
> drain drivers to support clock stretching and arbitration.
>
> - Dave

Thanks Dave, I figured you would know :)

I see several I2C monitor/analyzer projects out there ... I haven't seen any
that mention the JTAGkey specifically.  Just thought I'd ask if anyone is
familiar with projects that work or may work with the JTAGkey .... don't
want to re-invent the wheel if there is something close I can start with to
get going.

Regards,

Brian