> Comments?

I think it is great that we can move to this process now. I feel
that the OpenOCD code is mature enough that this will
work. Especially after Zach got all the cleanups in this summer :-)

I plan to push the mrcmcr work:

I expect it to take a full release cycle until I can get testing confirmation
for each of the mrcmcr implementations and be able to retire the
old cp15 commands.

The advantage of the mrcmcr interface is that the commands
will be identical across all the targets and also that the
C code will be much more similar.

The downside to this approach is that the mrcmcr will live in parallel
to the old commands until testing confirmation can be obtained for
each target + there are two remaining targets where mrcmcr
implementation is harder and that work will have to be done after
I push the mrcmcr branch.

--
Øyvind Harboe
http://www.zylin.com/zy1000.html