On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 13:01 -0800, Zachary T Welch wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This series makes most of the individual steps in 'init' accessible to
> direct invocation.  The changes should allow recovery in cases when
> OpenOCD is run interactively and (for example) you fail to specify an
> interface before trying to to run 'init'.  These new subcommands help
> with the transition to fine-grained, context-sensitive commands.
>
> It also includes one patch to refactor target_init, whose previous
> monolithic form bugged me more than I could stand.

David,

You found the previous regression that my factoring introduced in this
area of the system, so you might consider taking a look at these before
they go into the tree.  There is a possibility that I have broken
something after updating the command mode switching; this stands to be
improved further, but I've made a reasonable dent in modularizing it and
allowing for recovery and retry.

I think a few more patches would allow the current 'init' command to be
rewritten entirely in TCL as a sequence of '<module> init' commands,
though these are all temporary measures on the command upgrade path.

Cheers,

Zach