On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 1:42 AM, Marek Vasut <marek.va...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dne Po 14. prosince 2009 21:55:25 David Brownell napsal(a):

>> > Merge the erase patch then. :)
>>
>> Not till I see that followup patch ... ;)
>>
> You won't till I see this one in git ... ;)

David is one of the official maintainers and he is responsible
for adhering to the standard that the OpenOCD community
has agreed on. He can't just commit something because he
wants to.

If you feel that David is in error in interpreting the coding rules,
reviewing code, making unreasonable requests, etc. that the
community has agreed on, then feel free to raise that issue.

He's got an excellent track record btw.

One of the reasons we ask that contributors do more work is
that if we push something to the tree that still needs work, then
"somebody" has to do that work and it would be wrong to ask
the maintainers to do so. Maintainers sometime make tiny
tweaks(formatting, adjusting release comments, etc.), but
really they should leave all changes to contributors.

Dean made a suggestion that can work for you, create your
own branch of openocd at http://repo.or.cz/w/openocd.git.

That way you can commit & push your entire series(including
patches that are not your own). You may be familiar with
git rebase? (I wasn't a month ago, it's great!). It will automatically move
your changes to be on top of the latest version of OpenOCD.

--
Øyvind Harboe
US toll free 1-866-980-3434 / International +47 51 63 25 00