On 2009-12-24 23:07, David Brownell wrote:
> Curious.  Cygwin and Linux builds don't have that particular
> issue; I wonder why not?

This may be because official MinGW uses gcc 3.4.5 and that's rather
old... Yesterday I was trying to build a crosscompiler on Linux
(OpenSUSE) and this "almost" works - after some struggle to compile it,
it cannot create executables /; From what I saw it's missing the startup
object (crt2.o or sth) - will have to try some other build script for
that (there are no official scripts for gcc over 3.4.5).

> A better fix would be to use "%zd" (for ssize_t, "%d" signed)
> not "%zu" (for size_t, "%u" unsigned).
>
> Can you submit a patch for all these build problems?

I'll try this solution later - currently I'm trying to defrag my system
partition [;

4\/3!!