On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 6:38 PM, Jon Povey <jon.po...@racelogic.co.uk> wrote:
> After my earlier emails I have been trying to narrow things down a bit.
>
> I have switched from running OpenOCD on Linux inside VirtualBox, to running it
>  natively on XP. I have not been able to reproduce the situation that needed
> the
> JTAGKey-Tiny to be replugged, but I still get random communication errors.

Ah ha, so VirtualBox does play a part. That does not necessarily mean the
bug is with VirtualBox, it could be problems with OpenOCD or libftdi
or libusb-win32.
Still it is good to eliminate one unknown.

> I also switched from the long USB cable I was using to a 50cm one, no
> difference.
>
> I am using OpenOCD 0.4.0 that I found here:
> http://www.freddiechopin.info/index.php/en/download/category/4-openocd

Just a thought, maybe you can get the latest git a shot. You can build OpenOCD
under Windows using Cygwin. Or you can use MinGW to cross build it under
Linux.
This is a good instruction to build OpenOCD under Windows.
http://forum.sparkfun.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11221

--
Xiaofan http://mcuee.blogspot.com