Gene Smith wrote, On 09/14/2010 02:26 PM:
Will openocd work with a cortex-r4 core (armv7-r)? I think it is similar
to armv7-a but w/o MMU. The only vendor making a generally available
part with this core is TI TMS570 dual core. I would be using it in a
custom ASIC with a jtag interface.

-gene

Actually using the r4 core in the ASIC, not the TMS570 (just to be clear).

Guess I missed this from 2009 on this list:

http://www.mail-archive.com/openocd-development@lists.berlios.de/msg07473.html

This seems to be the only commercial eval board for this core (TMS570 is actually dual core):

http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/TMS570_MDK_Kit

The board is made by Keil (or has their name on it) for TI and another article shows using the jlink. They provide a direct usb debug interface that they mainly emphasize.

Any ideas on what kind of problems might be run into if using this with openocd via jtag?

-gene