Can you git bisect to find the problem commit?

Felix <dg1...@gmx.de> wrote:

Hi,

the driver for the Altera USB-Blaster and compatibles in version 0.4.0 (and up
to the current git snapshot) is (at least partially) broken.
Somewhere in the merge process, the bit which enables the output (and the LED
in the original altera usb blaster) must have got lost. It was included in the
first version supplied to the mailing list in december 2009.
At the moment the output of the CPLD which drives the JTAG (and the GPIO) pins
just stays in tristate (at least with the original USB Blaster, maybe some
clones dont use this functionality and provide always-enabled outputs) and does
not do anything.
After fixing this bug I ran into some speed issues (maybe a problem of
libftdi). JTAG communication basically works, but is incredibly slow (TCLK
about 100 Hz - not kHz). So its not really usable for debugging in this way (as
I said, maybe this is related to libftdi).
I'll try to provide a patch for that if no one else is working on it.

Felix