On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 3:03 PM, Xiaofan Chen <xiaof...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 2:38 PM, Peter Stuge <pe...@stuge.se> wrote:
>>> For the OpenOCD, we know there are some optimizations do be done on
>>> the software to accelerate the USB JTAG cable.
>>
>> The bottleneck is stupid adapters.
>
> People can actually get decent result from the so-called stupid
> adapters. For examples, Urjtag project is now mainly using libusb-1.0
> and libftdi-1.0 instead of the old libusb-0.1 and libftdi-0.1x to get
> much better result because of the async API support. Maybe
> as the first step, OpenOCD can be modified to make use of the
> async API provided by libusb-1.0 and libftdi-1.0.

Reference from the developer of libftdi-1.0.
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_name=4B70279A.3010307%40analog.com
http://developer.intra2net.com/mailarchive/html/libftdi/2010/msg00065.html

gnICE is Analog Device's low cost JTAG debugger for the BlackFin
device. It is based on FT2232C/D (not FT2232H) Jumping from
10.3KB/s to 110.2KB/s is a great performance improvement.

--
Xiaofan