Hi,

after the replacement of JIMTCL with the new version, the command
"puts" does not work as before.
It prints nothing in the telnet connection, while is still working in
the default console.
Looking at the code, the reason is that the new jimtcl only prints to stdout.
Of course, it's possible to modify jimtcl library, but the
modification is quite invasive, and we would diverge from the main
branch.

The solution I propose, is to switch away from "puts", in favour of "echo".
The advantage is that "echo" is part of OpenOCD, so no change is
required inside jimtcl.

1) the first patch in attachment enhances "echo" with the command
option "-n", to replace "puts -nonewline"

2) this patch can be eventually skipped. Anyway, I would like your
comments on it.
In order to add help text to "echo" command, I have replaced the
definition of the command inside the COMMAND_HANDLER syntax.
Is this correct? In my tests it works properly. I do not know if there
is any drawback.

3) this last patch replaces all the "puts" in the tcl files with "echo"

Best Regards,
Antonio Borneo