On 02/12/2010 11:55, freddie_cho...@op.pl wrote:
"Spencer Oliver"<s...@spen-soft.co.uk>  napisaƂ(a):
  >  I thought we has decided to work on the ability to make openocd a bit
  >  more reset aware for cortex-m3.

This is just for now, as maybe a new bug-fix release will be made.

  >  This fixes the case for some users, but will break it for others.

For whom does that break anything? STM32 supports sysresetreq, so why not use
it in target config file?

As we know the current behaviour of cortex_m3 reset_config is to override the std 'reset_config' setting - this has undesired effects for people who expect srst for example to work.

We need to change that functionality then adding your patch would be ok.

This does create an issue for all the luminary scripts however.
They would need the 'reset_config srst_only' removing and this would break all the older scripts in the wild.

I am looking at this at the moment, as i would like a solution.

Cheers
Spen