On 04.12.2010 10:31, Freddie Chopin wrote:
As for the second paragraph, you are wrong. All LPC2xxx target config
files have that frequency embedded without possibility to change with
some parameters in board config files and - somehow - people manage to
use it without problems.

How do you know?

For example on IXP, I wrote my own config files, because the ones supplied with OpenOCD did not work the way I needed it (yes, pushing back these changes is still on my to-do list).

Just because the current files are hard-wired in a way that suits you does not mean they work fine for everyone.

cu
Michael