> You said <<OpenOCD has"support" for multiple cores by launching two GDB
> servers>>
>
> Do you means
>
> IDE #1 - GDB #1 |                               + OpenOCD - JTAG -> TAP CORE
> #2 - TAP CORE #1 -
> IDE #2 - GDB #2 |                |---------------<------------|
> Does the actual OpenOCD can support multiple GDB sessions wrapping the same
> JTAG chain ?

Yes.

> That's what you are saying not ?

Yes, but I should clarify: that's the current design and it would
not be a very friendly thing to try to use if it even works.

Whether there are any JTAG chains out there where this can
be used, is another matter entirely. I have never seen anyone
posting something to the list to the effect that a multicore part
works or does not work with OpenOCD. What little has been
posted are OpenOCD developer comments to the effect:
nobody ever ran this code.

--
Øyvind Harboe

Can Zylin Consulting help on your project?

US toll free 1-866-980-3434 / International +47 51 87 40 27

http://www.zylin.com/zy1000.html
ARM7 ARM9 ARM11 XScale Cortex
JTAG debugger and flash programmer