On Mon, May 02, 2011 at 12:26:21PM +0200, Øyvind Harboe wrote:
> If it is possible, I'd like to see the breakpoint cache handling
> done in the breakpoint code rather than the generic memory write
> code...

The feroceon code currently just uses its "parent" arm7_9 code to set
and unset breakpoints.  What's the right way to add feroceon-specific
cache invalidation to this code?

It seems wrong to duplicate all the arm7_9 breakpoint code by copying
it into feroceon.c and just adding two feroceon-specific lines.

And it's clearly ugly to have the arm7_9 code have some special-purpose
check for the feroceon sub-architecture.  So I keep coming back to the
idea of adding a hook to the arm7_9_common struct to handle this.

Is there a better approach?