On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 8:40 AM, Øyvind Harboe <oyvind.har...@zylin.com>wrote:

> > Definitely! I'm holding off on this patch in favor of a patch that
> deletes
> > cruft instead of decorating it :-)
>
> I have a soft spot for patches that delete code that nobody
> understands....

IF the function is actually used, the allocation is needed to have somewhere
to put the data from ft2232_read(). But since the data is discarded and
because I can't see how that could be useful (for an in scan), I'm inclined
to believe that this ft2232_large_scan() is non-functional and never used.
The only call site has a condition that the scan size must be larger than
the ft2232 buffer (128KB). Maybe that's never the case in practice?

I could try to dig around to see if there's a point in keeping the function
around, otherwise post a patch that removes it. I don't know how much time I
can spare though so it could be an idea to fix the obvious memory problem
right away.

/Andreas