Uhm, from what I understand LAYOUT is only used for initialization of
specific device based on FT*232 device, maybe other minor stuff, all
work is done in fact by queue_flush() and it is common for all devices
as it simply translates queued JTAG commands into MPSSE that produces
actions on the physical connection between interface and target TAP.
Having everything in one file is okay for me as there is only one
place to look for stuff. Making more files won't increase readability
imo its just moving things from one place to another, like women
cleanup, then you never know where to look for your stuff ;-P If you
want to move thing around anyway I would recommend using "ft2232_"
file prefix or even separate directory. I am currently working on
ft2232.c.

Best regards,
Tomek