On 08:17 Fri 17 Jun     , Øyvind Harboe wrote:
> Some questions/comments:
>
> - if we look at the current way we work with OpenOCD, we just
> commit stuff to the master branch without regards to a release.
> I would like this to continue in the same manner, which I don't
> think is in conflict with what you write.
in this case you do it on the next branch

the master branch is the release branch it's like this in most of the project

buildroot, kernel, barebox, u-boot etc...

if possible it will be good to follow the same as the kernel

> - You create a fork of OpenOCD at the openocd mirror and create
> a release branch based upon some stable point in the past(or
> tip of master branch if that's the case). Push to a fork of OpenOCD.
> Release goes ahead according to your plan. You can rewrite your
> release branch on your mirror.
>
> - Once the release is ready, I(or another maintainer) push the release
> branch to the official repository. The branch is then final is never
> rewritten.
GIT is not like svn

we just need to create a TAG

and if stable release need to be done a release branch

pull request is better than push to have the trace on the ML
specially if you agree to have submaintainer for some part of openocd such as
usb/ ftdi etc...

Best Regards,
J.