On 30/06/2011 6:13 PM, Spencer Oliver wrote:
On 30 June 2011 07:47, Andrew Leech<coronasen...@gmail.com>  wrote:
Have you used it successfully? Helios has that too (since early 2011?), but
I've never got it running. I've just updated to indigo and still can't make
it work.
I ran a few tests yesterday and it worked fine.
ubuntu was easier to setup than windoze, but both worked.

The gdb connect line used was | openocd as --pipe is now deprecated.
Try putting all the options in openocd.cfg - gdb_port pipe first. When
we switch to using pipes then openocd will automatically use
openocd.log

Cheers
Spen
Thanks for that Spen, great to know it can work. I had already tried with gdb_port pipe instread after seeing hte deprecation notice in the log, although it didn't make any difference. I also hadn't tried moving all those config's into the openocd.cfg file, and yeah it makes it a little neater, but didn't fix it, I still had it hanging at the same point. I haven't been getting a log file though that I can find in pipe mode without explicitly setting one.

Had a random thought, and tried it with sourcery-g++-lite's gdb rather than my usual yagarto gdb, and all of a sudden it worked! So there's something different/wrong with the yagarto gdb in pipe usage, haven't exported full debug logs for both gdb's yet to see where the problem is though.

Only problem is, it's incredibly slow, unusably slow. A single step can take 5 seconds, where on a normal tcp connection with same configs feels close to instant, so maybe about 1/4 of a second. Did your windows one behave better? If so, do you know what version/release of gdb you used?

One other point, do you know whether you can get openocd to add it's own program directory to the search path for the source [find ...] lines? It'd be great to only need the openocd.cfg file in the eclipse project dir, and have it reference the interface and target files from the common openocd folder. Otherwise I'll likely copy the contents of the files into my openocd.cfg rather than have a copy of target and interface folders in all my project folders.

I hope I can get pipe working, I've wanted to use this for ages, just makes the toolchain feel a lot more professional.

Cheers,
Andrew