On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 6:18 PM, Øyvind Harboe <oyvind.har...@zylin.com> wrote:
> I rebased the commit and pushed it to master.
>
> Why would we want to merge such a change rather than rebase
> and push?
>
> I creates a fork in the history for no reason that I can think of.

You've got the point, it is better.

> Is this due to digital signing? I can see how rebasing would break
> digital signatures and merged would retain them.

Well, when I have sent pull request I had an impression that I was
rebased to the Sourceforge's master.

This is the question I asked before, just to be sure - do I rebase to
Sourceforge's master and then push all to my remote (which I think is
better), or everyone works on it's own branch and then changes are
merged by integrator...

I think I should always rebase to Sourceforge's master and then just
push, so that whoever integrates to the maser can just pull (no need
to merge). And as I said, at the time of sending of pull request I
thought I was rebased to master, so that you can just pull from the
branch.

BR,
Drasko