On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 11:04 PM, Michael Schwingen
<rincew...@discworld.dascon.de> wrote:
> Am 07/07/2011 10:41 PM, schrieb Mahr, Stefan:
>> Probably the best way would be to remove endianness swapping from
>> mips_m4k_read_memory
>> and put it to mips32_pracc/dma_read_mem32/16. Same for write.
>>
>> pro: mips32_pracc_read_mem32, ... will return a byte array in target
>> endianness, so no cast necessary.
>> con: Add swapping to at least 10 seperate functions
> Not sure about this.
>
> Without having a look at the code, I would expect a function with
> read_mem32 in the name to return a 32-bit value, not a byte array, and I
> would expect to get a 32-bit value without a cast.

Which cast exacly are you mentioning, and in which function ?
static int mips32_pracc_read_mem32(struct mips_ejtag *ejtag_info,
uint32_t addr, int count, uint32_t *buf) does not do any casting and
returns 32-bit value.

> Especially if this is used in 10 places, this looks like there *is* a
> need for a function that returns swapped 32-bit values, only the
> function uses the wrong data types.

I have seen some things that can be avoided in mips32_pracc code. Can
you point me exactly to the places, I can not seem to get the
particular problem...

BR,
Drasko