On Sun, 10  14:38 , Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD wrote:
> On 09:30 Sun 10 Jul     , Xiaofan Chen wrote:
> > On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 9:11 AM,  <li...@neuronenwerk.de> wrote:
> > > Hi list,

... snip ...

> > > The results as of now are that current Segger firmware prevents
> > > the adapter from working with OpenOCD. As soon as OpenOCD starts
> > > up, the LED is flashing green, then shortly red before the
> > > device vanishes completely. The relevant error is "usb_bulk_read
> > > failed". It comes up again after a minute or so.

... snip ...

> > Unfortunately this is a known issue.
> > https://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/openocd-development/2011-July/020046.html
> >
> > Basically 4.10i and below works, 4.20 and above does not work.
> >
> > Hopefully this will be fixed with some reverse-engineering
> > or contacting Segger. It seems Segger knows the problem
> > and may want to work with OpenOCD developers to fix the problem.
> >
> > http://www.segger2.com/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=869

> I try to get in Contact with them already hope they will reply soon
>
> Best Regards,
> J.

Hi Christophe,

seems like Segger doesn't grant write access on their forum if you
only own a EDU JLink. At least I cannot post though having a
login there. This was why I didn't report it myself.

They have two threads about OpenOCD issues currently, if I don't err.

Thanks for your dedication,
/Markus