Many thanks for making these tests! Awesome!

Xiaofan Chen wrote:
> Actually the result is pretty close for the LPC-P2148 based test.
> jtag_khz = 1500 KHz, 38.927 KiB/s (ftd2xx) versus 38.754 KiB/s.

So in conclusion there is almost no difference in performance between
OpenOCD using libftdi-0.19 and ftd2xx, or did I overlook something?

If not, I would suggest to only use libftdi in OpenOCD.

Uwe, do you see a possibility to port libftdi-0 over to use the
libusb-1 API? If only synchronous is used it should be straight
forward. I'm not saying that *you* must do it, but am rather asking
how much effort it might be.

The benefit for OpenOCD would be that it can use libusb-1 on Windows
without first having to rewrite the ft2232 driver. That rewrite is
absolutely desirable, but it seems that everyone agrees that the
driver deserves and needs a thorough job, so would be nice to be able
to punt on that and still be able to start using WinUSB and libusb-1.

//Peter