    Xiaofan> On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 12:23 AM, Uwe Bonnes
    Xiaofan> future but the change may require quite a bit of work. Now that
    Xiaofan> both you (the current main driver of libftdi-1.0 and developer
    Xiaofan> of xc3sprog) and Jie Zhang (original author of libftdi-1.0 and
    Xiaofan> contributor to urjtag) are here, maybe somethings can be
    Xiaofan> done. :-)

For xc3sprog, I think I only will use async calls when libusb-1 can be easily
used on Windows

    Xiaofan> However, as per Øyvind Harboe, it is probably more important to
    Xiaofan> profile some upper level OpenOCD codes first.

    >> So there is room for improvement with libftdi. But beware, to my
    >> knowledge, libftdi-1 on Win32 needs much user fiddling because of
    >> libusb-1 on win32, if it is fit for purpose at all.

    Xiaofan> I see two problems here. Firstly even for Linux, there is no
    Xiaofan> official release for libftdi-1.0 yet. Secondly you are right
    Xiaofan> that libusb-1.0.9 (first release to include Windows support)
    Xiaofan> has not been released. It also requires the user to switch to
    Xiaofan> WinUSB driver but I think that is not a big problem because of
    Xiaofan> GUI driver switching utility (Zadig/libwdi).

B.t.w. a question to those working with WinUSB:

Is it possible to map the calls to winusb.dll to libusb at all? How much
work will be involved? The reason why I ask: If we can map all calls to
winusb to libusb, a replacement dll can be written for Wine and winusb
programs can be run on Linux and other systems that can run Wine/libusb.

I have writte a similar replacement-dll for ftd2xx. I could run FTDI
mprog.exe on Linux with it. I tried to integrate into official Wine, but
patch requests got by unnotices/uncommented/unappied.

Bye
--
Uwe Bonnes                b...@elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de