Alex, Stefan,

it would be great to get the freescale openocd fork back into the official repo.
The only thing is - I am not so sure branching is the best solution. I agree the
563xx is very different from any other processor in the universe. But a branch
could cause trouble concerning future support. Maybe it would be easier to merge
the rather old source from freescale against the current openocd source and
bring things up to a quality high enough.

Anyway, I have great interest in using my Symphony Soundbite EVM and hopefully
my own hardware design with openocd. So if I can be of any help please feel free
to contact me.

I am currently trying to get the entire Symphony Studio Suite running on linux.
I am not really interested in the c compiler, but the entire SDK is kind of
nice. If anyone is interested in this, let me know. Or if anyone has succeeded
using the toolchain on linux.

Sam