On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 4:33 PM, Uwe Bonnes wrote:
> appended simple patch adds the definition for the  STEVAL-PCC010V2 Board
> withe the STM32F207. At least the detection works:

> ( this time with the comment corrected + SI unit etc)

It was the file name that I thought was wrong, not the comment. The
card is called STEVAL-PCC010V2, that is 010 version 2, but your
filename is steval_pcc0102v2, that is 0102 version 2.

We do not need a separate file for V1 and V2 if they are the same from
openocd point of view. This brings me back to the question I asked
before: Do we need this file if the contents are the same as the
existing stm3220g_eval.cfg file?

I would rather place a comment in the old file that it can be used for
these other boards as well. Maybe over time it would need a rename if
it covers many boards. If differences are needed, fork the files at
that point. Until then, it would be just more files to maintain, and
they may receive inconsistent fixes over time.

According to the data sheet Table 2, "STM32F205xx and STM32F207xx
features and peripheral counts", the memory size and structure is the
same (112+16) for the STM32F207Ix and STM32F207Vx chips. So I guess
the different WORKAREASIZE is just cargo cult?

For the SI unit, it is just that KB is used in all the other files,
and I value consistence :)

I am sorry to be so difficult on a simple, innocent patch, but I talk
of some experience here since I have previously done some clean-up of
the many stm* files. And as a newcomer wanting to find a match to my
own card I was puzzled by the many files and their small differences
which often were unnecessary.

Tormod